B and Bs in Lochearnhead
The Kings House Hotel is a family run accommodation establishment. The Kings House Hotel was built on the site of a Royal Hunting Lodge of the Stewart Kings and used by King James VI. The original building dates from circa 1571. The hotel was commissioned in 1799 as a 'Kings House' with 6 redcoat soldiers providing travellers and visitors with protection to ensure a tranquil stay. To this day the tradition of hospitality and care continues.
The hotel accommodation consists of 7 rooms, 5 doubles and 2 twins. All the bedrooms are en-suite, furnished in a homely cottage style and two have four poster beds. The hotel dining room features a fireplace with log fires. The menu includes traditional Scottish fare (see the Restaurant section). If you fancy a drink try sampling some of Scotland's famous malt whiskies in the King James Bar adjacent to the dining room or in the Rob Roy Bar. Both serve bar meals from 11 a.m.
Credit Cards Accepted
Evening Meal Provided
Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
TV in Rooms
This page viewed on 8,053 occasions since Oct 16th 2005