Review by Sam Reeves on 13th September, 2010
Add your review
I booked a four night stay for my wife and myself, from and paid £75 per night, for what was advertised as 'luxury self-catering accommodation'. I since have come to understand that the word luxury is at best misleading and at worst, false advertising.
1) The apartment is filthy
* When we arrived, we had to brush a dead moth and other bugs as well as dust and dirt off the beds.
* We had to wash all the crockery and cutlery as they were coated in dust. One bowl had tea bags left in it from who knows when. It had obviously not been cleaned or maintained for some time.
* The fridge still had the last tennant's water inside.
* The frying pan was sitting catching water from underneath the leaking sink.
* The bathroom has mould on all wooden walls
* There was also mould on the wall near one of the beds.
* The bathroom had no less than 4 spiders living in it, not including a dead spider smashed on the ceiling.
2) There is no 'daily maid service'
Only after I sent an email of complaint did cleaning staff arrive on the next day.
3) There are no DVD/CD players in the apartment.
When entering the room there was a TV, but no DVD/CD player as promised on their website. There was a digital settop box that had been damaged, and had a European plug, with no adapter. If we had not provided our own, we would not have had any TV access.
4) The Beds are unstable.
as I was reading in Bed, I turned over and the bed collapsed underneath me, the slats coming loose. I then replaced the slats, - something I never thought I'd have to do in a luxury hotel, and tried lying still on top. When I fell asleep, I turned over and again the bed collapsed, injuring my back, and waking my wife up. I then had to move the mattress and sleep on the floor for the remainder of my stay, when staff came to clean, all they did was take the bed away. In this 'luxury' acommodation I slept on the floor 3/4 nights.
In addition to these points, possibly the most disturbing thing about NOA residence, is the fact I was phoned on my mobile by a former tennant of our studio, asking if I had seen her purple suit which she says was left in the cupboard on her vacating the studio. I can think of no other explanation as to how she got my number, than it having been given out by an employee of NOA residence. Thiswas an incredibly concerning breach of my privacy, and illegal under the privacy act.
This situation was intolerable, and I am yet to hear an explanation from the management, as to why I payed £75 a night for no service, a dingy and mouldy room filled with spiders, while having to sleep on the floor to avoid injuring myself on their beds, and staff who give out my personal details to anyone who asks.
do yourself a favour and avoid this place at all costs.
Date visited: 06/09/20 - 09/09/20