Hotels in Cornhill on Tweed
Grade 2 Listed, luxury Georgian hotel set in glorious surroundings with views over the River Tweed. For more than 200 years, the Collingwood Arms has provided a focal point for colourful local community; a former coaching inn linking Edinburgh with the south.
The Collingwood Arms takes its name from the merchant family which owned it up until 1955. There are strong ties with Northumberland's 19th Century naval hero, Vice Admiral Cuthbert Collingwood, who served under Nelson around the time the hotel was built.
In the Entrance Hall guests are greeted in front of an open log fire, while the library offers a homely and restful retreat. The hotel bar upholds the Borders reputation for great hospitality; warm oak and antique leather shape a relaxed atmosphere for friends, old and new. At the rear of the hotel, the tranquil gardens offer the chance to eat 'Al Fresco' during the summer months.
The 15 bedrooms are a perfect marriage of traditional style and modern convenience, bringing together antique furniture and period bathrooms with digital TV, WiFi and outstandingly comfortable beds.
Number of Rooms: 15
Number Ensuite: 15
For an instant Currency convertor Click here
Credit Cards Accepted
Evening Meal Provided
Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
No Smoking Rooms
Open All Year
TV in Rooms
This page viewed on 4,898 occasions since 6th January 2009
On this day: