Hotels in Port Isaac
A wonderfully nostalgic old coastal inn nestling in a secluded cove close to the ancient Cornish fishing village of Port Isaac. Port Gaverne is quiet and restful: a small beach, one or two boats pulled up above the waterline; rocks and pools to explore; an endless sea and huge sky, with spectacular sunsets to enjoy. Here you can step outside the door and sunbathe or swim in crystal-clear waters from the small beach; or explore the North Cornwall Heritage Coast, noted for being one of the most picturesque and staggeringly beautiful stretches of our whole coastline.
A short walk up the hill brings you into a tiny fishing village with narrow streets, pretty cottages and shops, and a fish market on the quayside. In the evening there is our small hotel with a warm and friendly, well-stocked bar; a pretty dining room with truly delicious, fresh, home cooked food; comfortable, fully-serviced bedrooms in the inn or old fisherman’s cottages, self-contained with magnificent living facilities; smiling faces and a relaxed atmosphere.
In North Cornwall, you will discover one of the last unspoilt places in Britain, packed full of places to see and visit, things to do. A history filled with stories of smugglers, shipwrecks, pagan worship and legends. Here are ancient battlefields, haunted churches and remote countryside as well as deserted beaches.
* Each room has colour TV, radio and direct-dial telephone
* Central heating and roaring log fires out of season
* A 17th Century Cornish Inn with the facilities of a modern hotel
* Miles of spectacular coastline renowned for its wildlife
* Nearby, some of the most important prehistoric sites in Britain and lots of historic attractions
* Fabulous sands, tiny harbours, world-famous Tintagel home of King Arthur’s Castle; and the best golfing in Cornwall close at hand.
* All major Credit Cards Accepted
Number of Rooms: 14
Number Ensuite: 14
Price per Room:Price Includes: Breakfast
Double: From £79
Twin: From £79
Single: From £39.50
For an instant Currency convertor Click here
click for a free brochure
Name: Port Gaverne Hotel
Cuisine: Traditional Cornish, Fresh Local Fish, International Dishes
Chef: Ian Brodey
Awards: AA Rosette
Credit Cards Accepted
Open All Year
TV in Rooms
This page viewed on 19,078 occasions since Oct 16th 2005