Riding in Kent | Add Free Entry
Horses and Britain go back a long way. It is said that that the Romans prized the skills of the Celts of Britannia with horses, enough even to recruit them into the Roman army! If you are hoping to sample life in the saddle for the first time you’re spoilt for choice. There’s all manner of way’s to get your thrills on horseback. Ponies, once the little work engines of British agriculture and early industry, are still hard at work today and provide a great start for many a novice rider. Treks in the Welsh hills while on holiday or rides along Scarborough beach as a kid have been the inspiration for many a life spent with horses. If you fancy something a bit more formal like show jumping or dressage then opportunities are there for the determined rider to compete. But make sure you visit you tailor first, the dress code in dressage is as strict as the horse training! If horse racing strikes a chord with you then organisations like the British Racing School can help you climb the ladder to competitive horse racing and maybe a place at the Cheltenham Gold Cup. If you’re still looking for something a little different then search cross country riding, you’ll find lots of opportunities on horseback out in the country.
- Appletree Stables, Cranbrook
- Bank Farm Stables, Tudeley
- Bursted Manor Riding Centre, Canterbury
- Church Farm Stables, Dover
- Cobham Manor Riding Centre, Maidstone
- Hemsted Forest Equestrian Centre, Benenden
- Honnington Equestrian Centre, Tunbridge Wells
- Kingsford Livery, Sittingbourne
- Plum Pudding Equestrian Centre, Birchington
- Priory Equestrian Centre, Ashford
- Riding Farm Equestrian Centre, Tonbridge
- Willow Farm Equestrian & Saddlery Ltd, Faversham
Other Activities in Kent
Classic Mountain Scrambles in England...
Cycling Guide from Lands End to John...